You can make your iPhone much more capable by installing applications and much more fun by installing games. In this article, we will explain to you how to install apps and games on iPhone.
Before getting started with installing Apps and Games, the following three requirements must be fulfilled:
- You must have an Apple ID with a payment method (can be Credit Card) properly linked and set up.
- There must be sufficient free storage space in your iPhone to download the Apps.
- Disable any restrictions that might prevent you from downloading Apps.
Types of Apps and Games
In the App store, there are basically three types of Apps and Games, i.e. Free, Paid, and Subscription based Apps.
Free Apps are free to download. It might come with an in-app advertisement, as most of the time advertisements are their revenue model. Some of these Apps also have in-app purchases, maybe in the form of removing advertisements for a nominal fee or a link to upgrade to their pro version that comes as a Paid App.
Paid Apps will cost you a one-time charge to download and you will get future updates for free. Some of these apps may have in-app purchases in the form of add-on features.
Subscription Apps are those which have a monthly or yearly recurring subscription charge to download and usage. The recurring charges will get deducted from the payment method you have given while registering for Apple ID.
Step-by-Step Process to Install Apps and Games on iPhone
- From your Home screen click on the App Store icon
- At the welcome screen of the App Store, you can browse through the options from the buttons at the bottom tray.
- Browse through or search for an App or a Game you want to download by name or keyword.
- Tap on the GET button next to the App, or if it is a paid app the button will show a price, tap on the price button.
- A window will pop up confirming if you want to install / purchase that App or Game. Tap Install and use your Apple ID password / Touch ID / Face ID to confirm the installation.
- The download will start and a circular progress indicator will show next to the App till it downloads and installs into your iPhone.
- Once the download is complete, come back to the Home screen, swipe left or right, and look for the icon of the App you just installed.
- Tap on the App’s or the Game’s icon to launch it.
How to Un-Install Apps and Games from iPhone
If you want to uninstall an app or game from the iPhone, just tap and hold on to the App’s icon till an options menu shows up. Select Remove App from the menu, and the app or the game will get uninstalled.
From this article we understood that the first step is to set up Apple ID with a payment method, then we saw the step-by-step process to install Apps and Games on iPhone, and last also understood how to uninstall an App. Hope you found this article helpful.